Assess potential aquatic conservation benefits of forest management, protection and restoration on TNC preserves and other private and public lands in East Texas. Establish or improve existing biological and other monitoring to evaluate conservation benefits and inform adaptive management.
Conservation AreaSoutheast Texas Rivers Native Fish Conservation Area, Northeast Texas Rivers Native Fish Conservation Area
- Conduct monitoring to evaluate, adapt and refine conservation actions
- Conduct research to fill critical information gaps
- Mitigate effects of invasive species
- Organize networks of public and private landowners
- Protect and maintain intact, healthy habitats
- Restore impacted habitats
Improved riparian buffers, instream habitat restoration, barrier replacement and other actions in numerous streams to benefit water quality, geomorphology, and instream habitats
The Nature Conservancy, TPWD, academic researchers, NPS, etc.
Federal funds, private foundation and donors